Monday, February 4, 2013

CP #5 GHalty

    Saturday night was by far the best meeting with my conversation partner Jasem so far. We went bowling at Crenshaw Lanes and we were joined by two of his friends from CIES and my friend Lewis and boyfriend Phil. I was thrilled that we could all hang out as a group and it turned out to be a lot of fun. About ten minutes after we started bowling, the disco balls and black lights came out for cosmic bowling. Without even knowing it Jasem wore the best shirt for cosmic bowling because it was highlighter yellow and he truly glowed in the dark.
  Lewis and Phil hit it off right away with Jasem and his friend Mohammad by talking about soccer and FIFA and throughout the night we would ask each other about our cultures. As far as the bowling goes, we kept it pretty competitive, except I was that person who accidentally let go of the bowling ball behind me as I was winding up to take my turn :P. It was pretty hilarious. Then they had a cool thing at cosmic bowling where there was always one colored pin out of the ten in your lane, and if the machine set the pin at the very front and you bowled a strike, you won a prize. We all managed to get the colored head pin, but Jasem was the only one to get a strike. And not once, but twice!
    I had a great time and we all got along really well. And I think I see the guys playing FIFA on the playstation against eachother in the future ;)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an amazing time! I might have to go cosmic soon ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.