I met with Yousiff again and his friend Abdulmohsen attended
the conversation again which was fine with me. Abdulmohsen is not as fluent in
his English as Yousiff is, so I thought would work him on some of his speaking fluency.
We talked about learning English at CIES and how it was different from the way
English use to be taught and possibly the way he was taught in the beginning. I
explained to him that the communicative language teaching method is what the
CIES curriculum followed. I explained to them both how it was important to get
the students to start communicating with
less emphasis on grammar and mistake s and more on being able to carry on a
conversation without losing momentum. The students need to be gently guided
into the awareness of their mistakes as they progress in their learning the
English language. The more advanced they become the more the student will be
held accountable for his mistakes and that there is usually a plateau the
student reaches and if their ambiguity tolerance is high enough it will help
the student persevere through to the
next level and eventually attain their goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.