Friday, March 8, 2013
TP # 7
Nasser, Mansour, and I met at the Starbucks on campus for some good ol fashioned grammar tutelage. I printed out some exercises from the internet beforehand. Today's focus was adjectives, adverbs, and gerunds. The exercises were fill in the blank with a word bank containing a host of adjectives, adverbs, and gerunds. What I really liked about the exercises is the progression in difficulty from page 1 to page 2. I could see Mansour was bored with the first page because it was too easy, but he had to try hard on the second set of exercises, which were fill in the blank with no word bank. Both Nasser and Mansour had little trouble with gerunds because they we easily identifiable by the ing endings .However, adverbs presented quite the challenge for Nasser, especially on the exercises without a word bank. A cool bit of teamwork happened as Mansour helped Nasser through the tougher sentences. I'm such a proud tutor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.