Met
with Ali to practice his writing skills. I went to CIES to pick him up at 3:00
and then we went to Pitaria. Sat outside after we ordered and got to work. I
asked Ali to write a couple of paragraphs about his life in America and how it
was different from life in Kuwait. He got to writing and after about 20 minutes
he had a pretty darn good paper. It was not in depth but had a good structure
with a clear introduction, development, and conclusion. I scanned over his
paper, correcting grammar mistakes and writing suggestions in the margins. His
spelling was probably his most common issue, but there were also grammar
mistakes. Verb subject agreement was occasionally a problem. I asked him to
rewrite it taking my corrections into account. I hoped this would help the
lesson sink in. Ali finished and I thought it was a nice piece of writing. I
told him to hand it on his fridge. He didnt understand the reference so I had
to explain.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.