Wednesday, March 6, 2013

TP #11 BCooney


Barjas was told to continue his speaking presentation and make a PowerPoint. He didn't have the program so I showed him Google Drive. We got started on the first slide. He labeled it My Partner and under it listed tan overview of what he was going to talk about, such as his age, country, family, and personality. I thought that was good a good use of time and something I never even did before. I noticed his knowledge of words but inability to pronounce them correctly. He knew “personality”. He just wasn't quite sure how to sound it out. One thing I do a lot is help them break it down and say it slower. They realize that when they tackle a word one part at a time it’s a lot easier. However it is knowing which parts to break it in to that can be hard.

With help from his partner Barjas found pictures online to go along with what he planned on saying. I told him that for each point, you want to keep it short. You don’t want your audience to be able to read everything you’re going to say. I helped him shorten points as we went along. We came across his sentence “He has 4 persons in his family”, which I believe is correct however I noted that almost everyone resorts to saying “people”. We continued through and after we were finished he presented it to me. It went well and he asked all the right questions where he needed to correct his speech. He used “important things” twice so we opted to “interesting” the second time. I cleared up some confusion with extra articles and the common use of “go to”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.